Effective date: November 8, 2019
Vertikal (“Vertikal”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) operates the www.vertikalrms.com website, including the services portals provided there (Certfocus & Prequal / Prequalusa.com hereinafter referred to as the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information when you use our Site and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve the Site. By accessing and using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy. If you do not agree with the way we collect and use your personal information, do not continue to use the Site.
THE DATA WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information to provide and improve our Site and to provide services to you.
Business Contact Information
Business Contact Information is information about your business, including the name of your business, its address, telephone number, fax number, and Federal Tax ID number. When you register through our portals, we may also ask you to provide a contact name, email, and or phone number.
Personal Information (“Personal Information” or “PI”) is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked with a particular individual. We may ask you to provide your Personal Information voluntarily as you interact with us on the Site, or that we may collect it automatically as you use the Site. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Mailing address
- IP (Internet Protocol) address
Internet Activity Data
We may also collect information on how you access and use the Site (“Activity Data”). This Activity Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser version, the specific pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Site, to improve and customize our Site. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Site at any time by way of your device settings.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Site.
You can set your browser to indicate when a cookie is being sent and / or to refuse all cookies. However, if you do not accept cookies, some portions of our Site may not work optimally or properly.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Vertikal uses the collected data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Site
- To notify you about changes to our Site
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To reply to you when you contact us (e.g., to respond to your questions and comments; to fulfil your requests; to communicate with you about our services)
- To perform certain business functions for us, which may include sending postal mail or e-mail for administrative or marketing purposes, performing IT functions; removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data and providing marketing assistance, providing customer service, or providing additional features or functions of the Site
- To analyze usage and other information so that we can improve our Site
- To monitor the usage of our Site
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about through newsletters, marketing or promotional materials unless you have opted not to receive such information
- To verify your identity when we receive a request to act upon the Personal Information we have collected about you
- To comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject (e.g., for disclosures required by law, regulation, or court order)
- To investigate suspected fraud, harassment, physical threats, or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, rules or policies of a Site, or the rights of third parties; or to investigate any suspected conduct which we deem proper
- For the purpose of or in connection with legal proceedings, establishing, defending, or exercising legal rights, in an emergency to protect the health or safety or users of a Site or the general public, or in the interests of national security
- For any other purposes to which you have lawfully given your consent.
We reserve the right to use any de-identified, aggregate information at our sole discretion, including for statistical analysis or other business purposes.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR DATA
- Disclosures With Your Consent. We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties with your consent, or if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
- Disclosure to Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals (“Service Providers”) to facilitate our Site, provide the Site on our behalf, perform Site-related services or assist us in monitoring, analyzing and improving how our Site is used. These third parties may have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Disclosure to Our Affiliates. We may share your Personal Information that we collect, or that you provide to us, with our affiliates.
- Disclosure to Law Enforcement. Under certain circumstances, Vertikal may be required to disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
- Disclosure to Fulfil Legal Requirements. Vertikal may disclose your Personal Information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Vertikal
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
We reserve the right to share any information that is not deemed to be personally identifiable, including aggregate information, or is not otherwise subject to contractual restrictions.
TRANSFER OF DATA
The data we collected is processed and stored on servers located in the United States. Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
RETENTION OF DATA
Vertikal will also retain Activity Data for internal analysis purposes. Activity Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Site, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
SECURITY OF DATA
We take commercially reasonable, industry-standard measures to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by authorized personnel and service providers who need such access to do their jobs and are under contractual obligations to keep the information confidential.
Please keep in mind that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online and you do so at your own risk. We encourage you to exercise caution when deciding to disclose or share your personal or other information.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
You may choose to withdraw your consent and opt out of receiving any emails or newsletters from us. To unsubscribe from our email list, please follow the link to unsubscribe that is included in the email; or you may contact us at email@example.com to exercise your right to opt out. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time after receiving your request.
You also have the right to access the information you have provided to us and, if necessary, to request the correction or modification of your information. We encourage you to update your information promptly if it changes. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise your right to correct or modify your information. After receiving your request, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is accurate and kept up-to-date.
PRIVACY RIGHTS FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Shine the Light Requests. If you are a California resident, California law allows you to request that we tell you what categories of PI we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the previous twelve (12) months, and to whom we disclosed them. If you are California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request via email to email@example.com using the subject line “California Shine the Light Request.”
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Our Site is not intended for the use of anyone under the age of 13 (“Child” or “Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
LINKS AND THIRD-PARTY CONTENT
Occasionally, our Site may contain links to other websites and our Site may be linked from other websites, including websites of our partners or other third parties, which are not under our control. We provide these links on our Site as a customer convenience and do not endorse those sites, companies or their products or services. Also, when you link to our Site from another site, the originating site may collect information about you. We do not review, control or monitor the practices, information or materials on any other websites, and are not responsible or liable for the communications, information, content or materials from or the practices and policies (including without limitation privacy or data collection practices or policies) of any of those sites. In addition, any links to these third party sites may also contain cookies or other tracking devices.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone number: 877-576-2378
- By fax: 877-237-8560
- By mail: 1001 E. 101st Terrace, Suite 235, Kansas City, MO 64131